Here’s a healthy, easy dinner recipe to throw together on a night when you don’t have much time to cook. I made this recipe up back in college when I was a lean, mean, exercising machine… Okay, so I came up with it mostly because it was BUDGET FRIENDLY and healthy! It is super versatile too, I like throwing leftover veggies that may be on their last breath in your fridge… It always makes a delicious meal!
This meal is super easy. Here are the basics of how to:
- Tuna (At least 2 regular sized cans in water or olive oil based on your preference)
- 1 Sweet Onion (small to medium sized)
- 3-4 Garlic Cloves
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Italian Seasoning Blend (or seasoning of your choice)
- Parmesan Cheese
- Optional: Extra Veggies for salad topping and/or to mix in with tuna)
- Chop your onions and garlic, and throw in a pan. Sauté with olive oil until translucent. Depending on what other veggies you might throw in (like carrots, or asparagus), you will want to add those next, and sauté for a little while.
- Once your veggies are cooked, add your tuna, and heat that up with the veggies. Add some more olive oil to the tuna-veggie mixture so the tuna doesn’t get try. Add some pepper and seasoning, and mix.
- Once everything is mixed and heated through, add some freshly grated parmesan cheese, and let that melt into the tuna mix. Serve on top of salad with tomatoes, other toppings, and dressing of your choice.
I’m a fan of olive oil and balsamic vinegar as a dressing, but sometimes I mix it up with other vinaigrettes, or honey mustard.
HERE IS THE PDF VERSION.
Try this recipe, and let me know what you think by leaving a comment!