I think my love for Jarlsberg Cheese came from my mother. She is always eating it, and every time she comes to visit, I am sure to have a large block available for consumption. With the holidays approaching, this is a great cheese to add to your charcuterie board. Did you know that Jarlsberg is lactose free!? Perfect for those who have a little lactose intolerance, but still want to indulge in delicious cheeses on special occasions.
Disclaimer: If you purchase something from a link provided on this post, I may earn a small commission from your purchase. Ship’s HQ appreciates your support and thanks you!
The last time I made this dip, I paired it with some fresh focaccia bread. While most of the time I try to keep my carbs down, I love baking bread (occasionally when I can find the time!), and had a craving for some fresh, warm, rosemary focaccia bread. The cheese dip with the fresh bread was so delicious, and savory, I highly recommend it if you’re a bread eater. See that EASY BREAD RECIPE HERE.
If you wanted to keep this appetizer gluten free, just pair it with some GF crackers, or you could put it on cucumber slices, melt this dip on some zoodles while you’re sautéing them… The possibilities are endless!
So this cheese dip is actually something you can find in most Krogers in the deli section. I have not seen it however, in my small town’s Kroger, so I had to resort to good ol’ DIY. Did I mind though? Not really. I prefer making stuff to buying it pre made because I know exactly what is in it, and can make modifications to make it healthier like I did with this dip!
JARLSBERG CHEESE DIP
- 2 cups Jarlsberg Cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup avocado mayo
- 1/4 cup milk
- dash of garlic powder
- Gather all your ingredients and get them ready to mix together (grate cheese, chop onions, etc.).
- Get a mixing bowl, and mix everything together.
- Refrigerate for a couple hours to allow everything to incorporate and settle, then serve and enjoy!
Jarlsberg Cheese Dip
- Mixing Bowl
- Cutting Board
- 2 Cups Jarlsberg Cheese, grated
- 1/4 Cup Red Onion, chopped
- 3/4 Cup Avocado Mayo
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1-2 Dashes Garlic Powder
- Gather all your ingredients and get them ready to mix together (grate cheese, chop onions, etc.)
- Mix everything together in your mixing bowl.
- Refrigerate dip for a couple hours to allow dip to settle and flavors to incorporate with each other.
- Serve with your favorite bread/crackers and enjoy!
AND DON’T FORGET YOUR WINE TO GO WITH YOUR CHEESE!
I have never met a bottle from the WSJ Wine Subscription that I didn’t like. We got a year’s subscription for a wedding gift, and it was the best thing ever! Whether you get a whole year’s subscription or just the 12 REDS YOU NEED TO TRY, you can’t go wrong stocking your bar with wine from WSJ!
Tried this recipe? Leave a comment to let me know what you think and how you used it!
SHOP CHARCUTERIE ESSENTIALS HERE: