This meal is a delicious, summer pasta that everyone in your family is sure to love.
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may earn a small commission if you purchase something from a link provided in this post. Headquarters by Ship appreciates all your support and thanks you for stopping by!
I worked at a couple Italian restaurants when I was in college, and one of them served a pasta dish similar to this, but I have made it my own. It is basically my GARLIC PASTA, with vegetables, so you can put whatever vegetables you love in this dish too to customize it to your taste (or to just use what you have available in the fridge!).
I recently made this for a family get together, and everyone enjoyed it! I served it with fresh, Caesar salad, (another recipe that I will have to share at some point, but I’ll just share a little bit of garlicky goodness at a time :)).
I actually used two heads of romaine lettuce from my garden, so I was really excited about the salad, because last year bugs always got to my lettuce before I did. If you have any organic, pest control tips, feel free to leave a comment, because I want to keep them at bay this year!
- Grilled Chicken Breasts (2-3 or more depending how many people you’re serving)
- 1 Bulb of Garlic, Chopped
- 1 Can Artichokes Quartered
- 1 Green Zucchini
- 1 Yellow Zucchini
- 1 Jar Sun Dried Tomatoes (I prefer Marzetti brand because it is sulfite free)
- Tortellini of your choice (I usually use cheese)
- Fresh Grated Parmesean
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
You will want a fairly large pan to make all this in, because the vegetables add up, and you end up tossing the pasta in the vegetable mix before you serve.
- Get all your ingredients together, and prep them so they’re ready to go. This means, wash your vegetables, and chop them up. Peel and chop the garlic. I also cut up the quartered artichokes a bit more, and I cut about 1/2 the jar of sun dried tomatoes with my kitchen scissors.
- Grill your chicken however you like (I recommend Peruvian Gold Grilling Sauce, or a basic, Italian blend of spices/rub on your chicken)
- Heat up a pot with salted water to cook your pasta in.
- Once everything is prepped you can throw everything together!
- Start by sautéing the garlic in olive oil, in a large pan until fragrant.
- Add your zucchini and saute until tender (don’t over cook because it will get mushy). Feel free to add an extra swirl of olive oil here and there if you think you need it.
- Just before the zucchini is almost done, add your artichokes, and sun dried tomatoes.
- While you’re working with all the vegetables, cook your pasta according to directions.
- Drain pasta once cooked, add to the vegetable mix, add chopped grilled chicken, and toss it up.
- Serve with some fresh grated parmesan (and maybe a little fresh basil on top too!).
I highly recommend trying this recipe, you will really enjoy it. It makes a lot of food, but I don’t think you’ll be disappointed with the leftovers! They taste great cold, like a pasta salad, or re-heated too.
If you’d like to make this gluten free, you can use any gluten-free pasta of your choice as well (don’t have to use tortellini either).
Be sure to comment, and let me know how you like this recipe!