I know it is only October, but if you’re anything like me, I like to get as much Holiday shopping done as I can before Thanksgiving so I can spend more time relaxing with family, and less time worrying about what I am going to buy them. So, I am starting my Holiday Gift Guide series now, instead of waiting!
My Gift Guide Series will consist of several short, themed posts (posted on Sundays now through early December), the first being for those who suffer with anxiety!
Anxiety. We all suffer from it from time to time. I know I had it really bad in law school, and it can really affect your ability to concentrate and just properly function in general. Like with most ailments, I think it’s best to attempt to fix things naturally prior to seeing a doctor. Anxiety is a natural feeling that we all get sometimes. It is always best to try to find ways to reduce it and cope, before we resort to getting another prescription. If you suffer from anxiety, or know someone that does, here are some ideas of things you can add to your home, or routine to help reduce anxiety and stress in your life.
Disclaimer: This post is not intended as, nor is providing, medical advice. If you are suffering from an ailment, be sure to consult your physician. Also, if you purchase something from a link provided in this post, I may earn a small commission from your purchase. Headquarters by Ship appreciates your support, and thanks you!
- Aromatherapy Diffuser | 2. Himalayan Salt Lamp | 3. Aromatherapy Shower Head | 4. Sound Machine | 5. Shiatsu Massager | 6. Weighted Blanket
- Aromatherapy Diffuser with Essential Oils: Along with promoting relaxation, aromatherapy can have multiple health benefits including helping to alleviate pain, aiding with digestion, increasing energy, promoting better sleep, boosting immune resistance, and promoting healing, reducing inflammation in the body, etc. HERE IS AN ADDITIONAL DIFFUSER FOR UNDER $40
- Himalayan Salt Lamp: Not only do the negative ions in salt lamps help reduce stress and anxiety, and boosts mood; it also has several other health benefits including helping purify the air, improves breathing (reduces allergens and asthma symptoms), improves sleep, and also helps reduce electromagnetic radiation.
- Aromatherapy Shower-head & Shower Filter: Aromatherapy has many health benefits (some listed above). With this gadget, you can bring aromatherapy into your bathroom, to enjoy a spa like experience in your shower. Would be perfect for cold and flu season when menthol/eucalyptus showers are so refreshing!
- Sound Machine (with Color Therapy): White noise can help your brain calm down at the end of the day, help promote falling asleep faster, and promotes a more restful sleep.
- At Home Shiatsu Massager: We all know the benefits of a good massage. This massager has good reviews, and brings a deep tissue massage to the comfort of your own home.
- Weighted Blanket: Like a big hug, a weighted blanket can make you feel more at ease. They help release melatonin, improving your sleep, and also boost serotonin levels naturally, allowing for reduction in stress and improved mood. There are many different weighted blackens out there, but THESE FROM BEARABY are the most stylish looking weighted blankets I’ve seen out there.
I have been buying my essential oils from Piping Rock for years. Piping Rock is a natural online wholesaler that sells any natural product you need, and more! Natural beauty supplies, pure essential oils, vitamins, supplements, protein, greens, and more; YOU CAN FIND IT ALL AND LOTS OF BOGO DEALS AT PIPING ROCK!
ADDITIONAL GIFT SUGGESTIONS
- A Yoga Membership to a Local Studio: Yoga has many health benefits, but some that you can experience right away from a good yoga session are achieving mental clarity and calmness, and decreasing anxiety and stress. FIND A GROUPON FOR 15 YOGA CLASSES FOR UNDER $100 IN MEMPHIS HERE!
- Gift Card for a Massage/Spa Day: We all love a good massage and the feeling of relaxation that you have after a good one. It is good to get them regularly, so get one (or several) for the one you love! FIND MASSAGE GROUPONS FOR MEMPHIS HERE.
- Acupuncture gift card: Acupuncture can help promote restful sleep, and treat insomnia. It can also help reduce inflammation, and improve digestion, all things that help in improving your mental health. FIND GROUPONS FOR ACUPUNCTURE IN MEMPHIS HERE.
- Cryotherapy Gift Card: Cryotherapy has multiple health benefits including, increasing energy, decreasing pain, increasing oxygen in your body, and reducing inflammation, which all can help lead to better mental health. Cryotherapy can also help weight loss. GET THREE GROUPON SESSIONS FOR UNDER $75 IN MEMPHIS HERE.
Enjoyed this post, or have additional suggestions? Leave a comment and let me know what you liked best about this post, or if you have additional suggestions that I didn’t cover.
Also, be sure to check out my post on DETOXING YOUR HOME, for additional ways to make a clean, and less stressful environment in your home. And make sure you’re subscribed to Ship’s HQ so you won’t miss any upcoming gift guide!